Ready WA Storyteller Hannah has tips for first-gen college students. Read more!
Ready WA 2021-22 Poster: “Create Your Future” Video Contest
The goal of the Ready WA “Create Your Future” poster video contest is to engage students in accessing resources that will help them plan for post-high school success in the education and career path they are interested in pursuing.
- Washington public middle school and high school students (grades 6-12) will record and upload a video (30 seconds max) responding to the following prompt:
- Tell us about one resource you learned about from the poster and landing page and how it will help you achieve your post-high school goals.
- Students can upload their video to multiple platforms: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, TikTok, etc. Students should include the hashtag #PlanYourPathWA. Students can also submit their video via Google Drive or by sending a video file to email@example.com
- Students will submit their video via this online form. For students under 18, a parent or guardian’s name, contact info, and e-signature will be required.
- By submitting a video and e-signing the form, students give consent for the videos to be used by Ready WA through the website (readywa.org), digital media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and presentations.
- Only one video submission per student will be considered for a prize.
- Prizes will be awarded in November 2021, February 2022, and May 2022. Videos will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Winners will be determined by committee, based on the following criteria:
- Prizes: A small committee (Ready Washington’s communications team and 2-3 other coalition members) will select 2 winners each quarter (in October, January, and April of the 2021-22 school year) to receive a $100 gift card.