High School and Beyond Plan Requirements
- Start the Plan by 8th grade
- Identify possible career goals based on their interests
- Identify educational goals
- Create a high school course plan that aligns to students’ interests and meets graduation requirements
- Create an activity log or resume to use in applications
Students’ Plans can be a useful starting point for deeper conversations about their goals and aspirations.
How can teachers support students?
- Talk with students about their goals and interests
- Use lessons to connect students to related career ideas
- Direct students to talk with school counselors and career specialists for more information about course planning and post-high school education opportunities
- Encourage students to explore their interests and strengths by:
- taking relevant classes
- pursuing student leadership
- exploring community service opportunities
- participating in job shadows and internships
- Know your district’s requirements for the Plan process and the role you play in supporting students. Talk to you school counselors and career specialists for more information.