Our Student Storytellers project is live! Listen to Arianna’s podcast.
2022 #PlanYourPathWA Student Video Contest Rules
- Washington public high school students (grades 9-12) will record and upload a video (1 minute max) responding to one (or more) of the prompt questions:
- Tell us what you want to do after graduation and three steps in your High School and Beyond Plan (for example: learning styles/personality inventory, courses, resume/activity log, academic plan, college/career exploration, financial aid resources) that will help you reach that goal. It is required that students specifically reference the High School and Beyond Plan in their video.
- Students can upload their video to multiple platforms: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Vimeo, etc. Videos must be made public. When posting videos, students must tag Ready WA (if applicable) and use the hashtag #PlanYourPathWA.
- Students will submit their video via an online form. The form will include the student’s name, grade, school, video URL, social media handles (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and/or SnapChat), favorite teacher/mentor, and an e-signature. For students under 18, a parent or guardian’s name, contact info, and e-signature will be required.
- By submitting a video and e-signing the form, students give consent for the videos to be used by Ready WA through the website (readywa.org), digital media channels, and other presentations or marketing materials.
- Only one video submission per student will be considered.
- Winners will be determined by a small committee of judges based off the following criteria:
- Video/Sound Quality
- Prizes: The committee will select 5 winners to each receive a $500 scholarship. Winning students will also be able to nominate a teacher, who will receive a $100 Visa gift card.